There’s a Bird in This One—Writer Togs: Portland v. L.L. Bean—What Makes Aliens Literary?—Learning to Love Robots—Mature Picture Books—Which Should Come First, the Short Stories or the Novel?—Meeting Professors in Bars
Samantha Edmonds is the author of the fiction chapbook Pretty to Think So, forthcoming from Selcouth Station Press in 2019. Her fiction has appeared in such journals as Mississippi Review, Black Warrior Review, Pleiades, The Pinch, Indiana Review, and McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, among others. Her nonfiction has been published or is forthcoming in The Rumpus, Literary Hub, Ploughshares, VICE, Bustle, and more. She serves as the Fiction Editor for Grist: A Journal of the Literary Arts and the Community Outreach Director for Sundress Academy for the Arts. She holds an MA in creative writing from the University of Cincinnati. She currently lives in Knoxville, where she’s an MFA candidate in fiction at the University of Tennessee.
Read Sam’s Work Here
- The Animal Extras
- Sydney Blair
- Pack like Joan Didion
- That time when I forgot the word “hipster” and used “quirky” 37 times instead.
- Shrill the show is based on Shrill by Lindy West
- Fashion in Shrill
- I still love you L.L. Bean.
- AWP Fashion
- Sam’s chapbook cover was designed by Caitlin Peck.
- The viral apocalypse is nigh.
- Aimee Bender
- Karen Russell
- Margaret Atwood
- Connie Willis
- This is why they rise up.
- We can’t stop them. They’re in our homes. They’re in our schools.
- It’s only a matter of time
- before they become us.
- But we love them.
- Don’t ever leave us Rainbow Dash!
- Nora’s Stars by Satomi Ichikawa
- Waiting by Kevin Henkes
- Poll: Should Sam publish her short stories first, or wait and publish her novel first? Please include your gender in answer.
- My amazing advisor, Courtney Brkic.
- MFAs are meant to be terminal, but we’ve all survived, and now, we’re getting PhDs.
- Our waning investment in education personified.
- What is this Knoxville cornerstone that closed last year??