Of Readers and Ducklings—You Need Literarapy—Do You Write What You Read?—Reach Out and Find Your Piece a Home—Negging a Character—Token Characters and Stealing Stories—Bonfire of the Criticisms
Rebecca Burke is a current MFA student studying fiction at George Mason University. Her fiction has been published in Awakened Voices and the Same, and her nonfiction was featured in the You Are Not Your Rape anthology, published by Rhythm and Bones Press. At GMU, she is the Submissions Coordinator for Stillhouse Press, and coaches a local club swim team. When she’s not writing, you can find her decompressing at the pool or the barn. You can follow her on Twitter @beccaburke95, where she tweets about navigating the MFA with a visual impairment and all things feminist, writing, horses, and swimming. You can also find her work at rrburkewrites.com.
Read Rebecca’s Work Here
- Stillhouse Press
- New Leaves
- What books did you imprint on?
- Is Harry Potter still going strong?
- What books do you read when you need to rest or refresh your brain?
- Tim Denevi
- What writing jargon makes you roll your eyes?
- Helicopter/Lawnmower/Zamboni: The Millennial Parenting Narrative in Fiction
- Women writing themselves as men would
- How have politics infiltrated workshop in your program?
- #OwnVoices Controversy
- Twitter Thread
- Bill Miller
- Gregg Wilhelm
- Sam Ashworth
- What workshop comments have you wanted to burn?